Speaker Driver #4A30 (4? 30W coax)
With smooth musical sound, wide dispersion (135 degrees) and small architectural footprint, this 4 inch 30W driver is engineered for very high quality paging and background music in hotel lobbies, stores, terminals and similar venues where clear, intelligible communication with accurate reproduction is key.
• 4 in. (EIA 5 in.) 30W driver has the capacity to deliver a wide angle of sound distribution at 2kHz with uniform response and clear audibility to ensure complete coverage with minimum units. Includes 10 oz. magnet, 1 inch copper voice coil, and polypropylene cone with half-roll rubber surround for long cone travel and good edge damping. Post-mounted liquid-cooled tweeter is 1 in. diameter balanced drive dome with first order high-pass filter.
• Frame: 20-gauge stamped steel with black enamel finish and zinc-plated back-plate.
• Power Rating: 30W
• Frequency Response: 81Hz-20kHz (±6dB) and 50Hz-20kHz (±8.1dB) with crossover at 5kHz
• Mounting Depth: 2.25 in.
• Mounting Bolt Circle: 4.688 in.
• Dispersion Angle: 135 degrees conical
• Average Sensitivity: 87.8dB
• Made in U.S.A. with global components
• Meets or exceeds industry standards
The coaxial 4 inch (EIA 5 in.) driver shall be Lowell Model 4A30. It shall have a high frequency transducer (tweeter with 1 in. diameter balanced drive dome) and low frequency transducer (4 in. diameter polypropylene cone). A built-in electrical crossover network shall be employed for proper frequency divisions. Crossover frequency shall be at 5kHz with a first order high-pass filter. The 4A30 shall be capable of producing a uniform audible frequency response over the range of 81Hz-20kHz (±6dB); 50Hz-20kHz (±8.1dB) with dispersion angle of 135 degrees @2000Hz -6dB. Average sensitivity shall measure 87.8dB (SPL at 1W/1M). Power rating shall be 30 watts (EIA 426B). The low frequency voice coil shall have 1 inch diameter and operate in a magnetic field derived from a ferrite (ceramic) magnet with nominal weight of 10 oz. The high frequency voice coil shall have a 0.53 in. diameter and operate in a magnetic field derived from a Neodymium magnet with nominal weight of 0.06 oz. Voice coil impedance shall be 8 ohms. The assembly shall have a round, structurally reinforced,stamped 20-gauge steel frame to maintain precise mechanical alignment. Overall diameter shall be 5 inch with four round and four obround holes equally spaced on a 4.688 in. diameter mounting bolt circle. Mounting depth shall not exceed 2.25 in. External metal parts shall be finished in black enamel paint or zinc plating.