Speaker Driver #4A30-T870 (4? 30W coax, xfmr)
Premium 4 inch 30W coaxial driver with mounted transformer provides smooth musical sound and wide dispersion for very high quality paging and background music.
• Driver: 4 in. (EIA 5 in.) 30W coaxial driver delivers a wide angle of sound distribution at 2kHz with uniform response and clear audibility, ensuring complete coverage with minimum units. Includes 10 oz. magnet with 1 in. copper voice coil and polypropylene cone with half-roll rubber surround for long cone travel and good edge damping. Post-mounted liquid-cooled tweeter is a 1-inch diameter balanced drive dome with first order high-pass filter.
• Frame: 20-gauge stamped steel with black enamel finish and zinc-plated back-plate.
• Mounting Bolt Circle: 4.688 in.
• Transformer: 70V with taps at 1, 2, 4, 8W
• Assembly Frequency Response: 70Hz-20kHz (±6dB) and 50Hz-20kHz (±8.8dB)
• Assembly Mounting Depth: 3.80 in.
• Assembly Dispersion Angle: 135 degrees conical
• Assembly Average Sensitivity: 88.0dB
• Made in U.S.A. with global components
• Meets or exceeds industry standards
The 4 inch (EIA 5 in.) coaxial driver with mounted transformer shall be Lowell Model No. 4A30-T870, which shall have a high frequency transducer (tweeter with 1 in. diameter balanced drive dome) and low frequency transducer (4 in. diameter polypropylene cone). A built-in electrical crossover network shall be employed for proper frequency divisions. Crossover frequency shall be at 5kHz with a first order high-pass filter. Power handling shall be rated at 30 watts (EIA 426B). The low frequency voice coil shall have 1 in. diameter and operate in a magnetic field derived from a ferrite (ceramic) magnet with nominal weight of 10 oz. The high frequency voice coil shall have a 0.53 in. diameter and operate in a magnetic field derived from a Neodymium magnet with nominal weight of 0.06 oz. Voice coil impedance shall be 8 ohms. The assembly shall have a round, structurally reinforced, stamped 20-gauge steel frame for precise mechanical alignment. Overall diameter shall be 5 in. with four round and four obround holes equally spaced on a 4.688 in. diameter mounting bolt circle. External metal parts shall be finished in black enamel paint or zinc plating. The transformer shall have 70V primary voltage and selectable power taps at 1, 2, 4 and 8W. The assembly shall be capable of producing a uniform audible frequency response over the range 70Hz-20kHz (±6dB) and 50Hz-20kHz (±8.8dB) with dispersion angle of 135 degrees @2000Hz octave (-6dB). Average sensitivity shall measure 88.0dB (SPL at 1W/1M). Assembly mounting depth shall not exceed 3.80 in. Assembly weight 2.7 lbs.