Speaker Driver #8A50 (8? 50W coax)
|The 8 in. 50W coaxial driver is the flagship of our A-Series with greater power handling, lower distortion, and smoother musical sound than standard commercial drivers. Ideal for venues where the listening experience is a key part of customer satisfaction including restaurants, hotel lobbies and retail stores.|
• Description: A 20oz. LF magnet coupled with 1.4 inch copper voice coil drive a polyproylene cone with half-roll rubber surround for long cone travel and good edge damping. The post-mounted tweeter is a 1 inch balanced-drive dome protected by Ferrofluid and a first-order high-pass filter.
• Frame: Stamped 20-gauge steel with black enamel finish and zinc plated back-plate.
• Power Rating: 50W RMS
• Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz (±7.5dB), crossover at 4kHz
• Mounting Depth: 3.85 in.
• Mounting Bolt Circle: 7.625–7.688 in.
• Dispersion Angle: 90 degrees conical
• Average Sensitivity: 89.6dB
• Made in U.S.A. with global components
• Meets or exceeds industry standards
The 8 inch driver shall be Lowell Model 8A50 which shall be of the coaxial type having electrically independent high and low frequency transducers. The low frequency section shall have an 8 in. diameter polypropylene cone and the high frequency section shall have a tweeter with a 1 in. balanced-drive dome. A built-in electrical crossover network shall be employed to accomplish the proper frequency division between the two drivers. Crossover frequency shall be at 4000Hz with a first order high-pass filter. The driver shall be capable of producing a uniform audible frequency response over the range of 50Hz– 20kHz (±7.5dB), with a dispersion angle of 90 degrees conical @2kHz octave -6dB. Average sensitivity shall measure 89.6dB (SPL at 1W/1M). Power rating shall be 50 watts RMS. The low frequency voice coil shall have a diameter of 1.4 in. and operate in a magnetic field derived from a ferrite (ceramic) magnet with nominal weight of 3.5 lbs. The high frequency voice coil shall have 0.53 in. diameter and operate in a magnetic field derived from a ferrite (ceramic) magnet with 2 oz. nominal weight. Voice coil impedance shall be 8 ohms. The driver shall have a round, structurally reinforced stamped 20-gauge steel frame with 8.08 in. overall diameter and 8 obround holes equally spaced at 45 degrees on 7.625 in. diameter mounting bolt circle. Overall depth shall not exceed 3.85 in. External metal parts shall be finished in black enamel coating or zinc plating to resist rust and corrosion.