Speaker Driver #8A50-TS3270 (8? 50W coax, xfmr)
|This 8 in. 50W coaxial driver is the flagship of our A-Series with greater power handling, lower distortion, and smoother musical sound than standard commercial drivers. Ideal for venues where the listening experience is a key part of customer satisfaction.|
• Driver: 8 in. 50W coaxial with 20 oz. LF magnet coupled with 1.4 in. copper voice coil drive a polypropylene cone with half-roll rubber surround for long cone travel and good edge damping. Post-mounted tweeter (1 in. balanced-drive dome) protected by Ferrofluid and first-order high-pass filter.
• Frame: 20-gauge stamped steel with black enamel finish, zinc-plated back-plate.
• Mounting Bolt Circle: 7.625 in.
• Transformer: 70V with taps at 8, 16, 32W
• Assembly Frequency Response: 40Hz-17.5kHz (±6dB) and 40Hz-20kHz (±9.6dB)
• Assembly Mounting Depth: 7.80 in.
• Assembly Dispersion Angle: 90 degrees conical
• Assembly Average Sensitivity: 91.1dB
• Made in U.S.A. with global components
• Meets or exceeds industry standards
The 8 inch driver with mounted transformer shall be Lowell Model No. 8A50-TS3270 which shall be of the coaxial type having electrically independent high and low frequency transducers. The low frequency section shall have an 8 in. diameter polypropylene cone and the high frequency section shall have a tweeter with a 1 in. balanced-drive dome. A built-in electrical crossover network shall be employed to accomplish the proper frequency division between the 2 drivers. Crossover frequency shall be at 4000Hz with a first order high-pass filter. Power rating shall be 50 watts RMS. The low frequency voice coil shall have a diameter of 1.4" and operate in a magnetic field derived from a ferrite ceramic magnet with nominal weight of 3.5 lbs. The high frequency voice coil shall have 0.53" diameter and operate in a magnetic field derived from a ferrite ceramic magnet with 2 oz. nominal weight. Voice coil impedance shall be 8 ohms. The driver shall have a round, structurally reinforced stamped 20-gauge steel frame with 8.08" overall diameter and 8 obround holes equally spaced at 45 degrees on 7.625 in. diameter mounting bolt circle. External metal parts shall be finished in black enamel coating or zinc plating to resist rust and corrosion. The mounted transformer shall be 70V with primary taps at 8, 16, and 32W. The assembly shall be capable of producing a uniform audible frequency response over the range of 40Hz-17.5kHz (±6dB) and 40Hz-20kHz (±9.6dB) with a dispersion angle of 90 degrees conical @2000Hz-6dB. Average sensitivity shall measure 91.1dB (SPL at 1W/1M). Overall depth shall not exceed 7.80".