Speaker Driver #8P100 (8? 100W coax)
|This 8 in. 100W coaxial driver is engineered for high energy, high ceiling applications and is ideally suited to clubs, bars, hotel ballrooms, multi-purpose areas, convention and sporting facilities, transportation terminals, concourses and similar venues.|
• Description: Robust motor structure with 38 oz. magnet and 2 in. voice coil wound on a Kapton former. The high frequency compression driver is coaxially mounted behind the woofer and provides increased power handling with greater efficiency than a conventional dome tweeter. Built-in crossover network with second order high-pass and second order low pass filter accomplishes proper frequency division between the two drivers.
• Frame: 18-gauge stamped steel with corrosion-resistant black electro-coat finish.
• Power Rating: 100W RMS
• Mounting Depth: 5.4 in.
• Mounting Bolt Circle: 7.75 in.
• Frequency Response: 45Hz–20kHz (±6dB)
• Dispersion Angle: 105 degrees conical
• Average Sensitivity: 92.6dB
• Made in U.S.A. with global components
• Meets or exceeds industry standards
The coaxial 8 inch driver shall be Lowell Model 8P100 which shall be of the coaxial compression type having electrically independent high and low frequency transducers. The low frequency section shall have an 8 inch diameter cone and the high frequency section shall be a compression driver tweeter. A built-in electrical crossover network shall be employed to accomplish the proper frequency division between the two drivers. The crossover shall be at 2400Hz with a second order high-pass and a second order low-pass filter. The driver shall be capable of producing a uniform audible frequency response over the range of 45Hz–20kHz (±6dB), with a dispersion angle of 105 degrees @2kHz octave (-6dB). Average sensitivity shall measure 92.6dB (SPL at 1W/1M). Power rating shall be 100W RMS. The low frequency voice coil shall have a diameter of 2 inches and shall operate in a magnetic field derived from a strontium ferrite (ceramic) magnet having a nominal weight of 38 oz. The high frequency voice coil shall have a diameter of 1 inch and shall operate in a magnetic field derived from a ceramic magnet having a nominal weight of 7.7 oz. Voice coil impedance shall be 8ohms. The driver shall have a round, structurally reinforced stamped 18-gauge steel frame with 8 inch overall diameter and eight holes equally spaced at 45 degrees on a 7.75 inch diameter mounting bolt circle. Overall depth of the driver shall not exceed 5.4 inches. External metal woofer parts shall be black electrocoat to resist rust and corrosion.