Speaker Driver #CT830A (8? 20W coax)
|High performance 8 in. 20W coaxial speaker with post mounted, coaxially positioned tweeter for improved performance over a traditional full-range (dual cone) speaker. The 3 inch tweeter provides wide dispersion in the high frequency range enhancing speech/music intelligibility in the area between speakers. Outstanding choice for quality paging, public address, and background music.|
Background music and paging
• Description: 8 in. 20W coaxial speaker with high frequency driver with first order high pass filter to protect it from harmful bass energy. Provides optimum low end performance when teamed with Lowell's DX Series acoustic backbox (1-3 cu.ft.) or protective backbox with acoustic fiberglass batting.
• Frame: 20-gauge stamped steel with zinc-plated finish.
• Power Rating: 20W RMS
• Mounting Depth: 3.20 in.
• Mounting Bolt Circle: 7.625 in.
• Dispersion Angle: 80 degrees conical
• Frequency Response: 57Hz-14kHz (±6dB) and 44Hz-20kHz (±7.6dB)
• Average Sensitivity: 97.0dB
COMPLIANCE & CERTIFICATION
• Made in U.S.A. with global components
• Meets or exceeds industry standards
The 8 inch speaker shall be Lowell Model No. CT830A which shall be of the coaxial type having electrically independent high and low frequency transducers. The low frequency section shall have an 8 in. diameter cone; the high frequency section shall have a 3 in. diameter cone. A built-in electrical crossover network shall be employed to accomplish proper frequency selection between the two drivers. Crossover frequency shall be at 4000Hz. The speaker shall be capable of producing a uniform audible frequency response over the range 57Hz-14kHz (±6dB) and 44Hz-20kHz (±7.6dB) with dispersion angle of 80 degrees conical@2000Hz (-6dB). Average sensitivity shall measure 97.0dB (SPL at 1W/1M). Power rating shall be 20 watts RMS. The low frequency voice coil shall have a 1" diameter and shall operate in a magnetic field derived from a strontium ferrite (ceramic) magnet having a nominal weight of 12 oz. The high frequency voice coil shall have a 0.57" diameter and operate in a magnetic field derived from a strontium ferrite ceramic magnet having a nominal weight of 2.1 oz. Voice coil impedance shall be 8ohms. The speaker shall have a round, structurally reinforced stamped 20-gauge steel frame for precise mechanical alignment and shall provide facilities for mounting a transformer. It shall have an overall diameter of 8.062 in. and eight obround holes equally spaced at 45 degrees on a 7.625 in. diameter mounting bolt circle. Overall depth shall not exceed 3.2 in. External metal parts shall be zinc-plated to resist rust and corrosion.