SPEAKER ASSEMBLY INCLUDES
- Driver: 8 in. 120W coaxial driver
- Transformer: 120W (tap selector behind grille). Taps for 25V, 70V or 100V speaker systems, and 4 ohm (UL minimum) transformer bypass position. Why a 4 ohm position? ES-Why4ohm
- Enclosure: Painted (grey) steel back-can with reversible mounting dogs
- Grille: Press-fit grille with scrim, pull-tool
- Mounting Aids: Plastic paint shield for driver, C-ring and support rails.
COMPLIANCE & CERTIFICATION
- UL 1480A (General Signaling, US)
- UL 2043 (Return Air Plenum Space)
- CSA C22.2 No.205-12 (General Signaling, Canada)
- The loudspeaker shall be Lowell #ES-82T. It shall include a high-performance 8 inch 120W coaxial loudspeaker, ported bass reflex enclosure and press-fit grille for recessed ceiling/wall installation. Frequency response shall be 64Hz-20kHz ±6dB. Sensitivity shall be 90.0dB log average @1W/1M over the frequency response range, measured in half-space. The speaker shall be constructed of a coated paper cone with rubber surround and a silk dome tweeter. The woofer magnet weight shall be a minimum of 19.2 oz. (544.7g) and the woofer voice coil diameter shall be 1.2" (30.55mm). The transformer shall have primary taps for 100V (120, 60, 30, 15 watt); 70V (120, 60, 30, 15, 7.5 watt); and 25V (15, 7.5, 3.75, 1.88, 0.94 watt) with a selector switch mounted on the front under the grille that will include a 4 ohm (UL minimum) transformer bypass position. The factory-mounted enclosure shall be 20-gauge steel (painted grey) with internal volume of 900 cu.in. It shall have a seismic restraint ring tie-point on the rear for use where required by code or ordinance. It shall feature five dog-mount ears that allow it to be mounted in a ceiling with a maximum thickness of 3.375" (85.7mm). A template shall be provided to assist in cutting mounting holes. A rear access cable or flexible conduit entrance strain relief shall be provided with a termination cavity that encloses a four-pin Phoenix-style connector. The connector shall include two terminals for input to the speaker and two parallel terminals for output to the next speaker in the string. The system shall include a C-ring for use in reinforcing the edge of drywall ceiling cutouts, or for use with the included support rails to guard against ceiling tile sag from speaker weight. Front baffle shall have a diameter not more than 12.89" (327.45mm). The unit shall also include a press-fit, fine mesh 20-ga. CRS grille with UV rated powder coating (epoxy white), and shall include a thin piece of white scrim and a grille-pulling tool.