15% Discount At Check Out
Acoustic enclosure made to direct-mount an 8 in. speaker, which allows a heavier speaker to be used with a non-loadbearing torsion grille. The larger-than-average volume and acoustic treatment allow an 8 in. speaker to operate at optimum levels for improved low frequency response. Ideal for new construction projects in commercial, institutional, or residential applications.
- Material: Welded unitized heavy gauge steel
- Finish: Black
- Diameter: 10.06 in. (can)
- Depth: 10.06 in.
- Volume: 0.405 cu.ft.
- Acoustical Treatment: Undercoated, 1.5 in. batting
- Flange Type: Flat
- Mounting Aids: Internal bracket to field-mount optional transformer, knockouts
- For Grille Type: Torsion
COMPLIANCE & CERTIFICATION
- Made in U.S.A.
- Certified U.S. steel
- The recessed backbox shall be Lowell Model No. IX810. It shall be made from 22-gauge steel, undercoated and lined with 1.5 in. thick acoustic batting to eliminate acoustic and mechanical resonance. It shall have an overall depth of 10.06" and a recessed flange to direct-mount an 8 in. speaker. It shall have four 0.5–0.75 in. knockouts, four 0.5 in. wire knockouts, and an internal transformer bracket accessible through a rear mounted plate with a separate 1-gang wire access panel and metal cable clamp. It shall be finished in black powder epoxy paint.